As I lay dying

domingo, 1 de julio de 2007

So I took Anse. And when I knew that I had Cash, I knew that living was terrible and that this was the answer to it. That was when I learned that words are no good; that words dont ever fit even what they are trying to say at. When he was born I knew that motherhood was invented by someone who had to have a word for it because the ones that had the children didn't care whether there was a word for it or not. I knew that fear was invented by someone that had never had the fear; pride, who never had the pride. I knew that it had been, not that they had dirty noses, but that we had had to use one another by words like spiders dangling by their mouths from a beam, swinging and twisting and never touching, and that only through the blows of the switch could my blood and their blood flow as one stream. I knew that it had been, not that my aloneness had to be violated over and over each day, but that it had never been violated until Cash came. Not even by Anse in the nights.

William Faulkner

1 comentarios:

Andrea Lopez Estrada dijo...

Que chido que posteó a Faulkner, yo tengo un par de libros pendientes de él para "leer en vacaciones" (sí como no, a este paso creo que no los leeré sino hasta el prox. diciembre)

Cuento contigo